Saturday, November 15, 2014

Original Song: "Stormy Weather"

Last month I had the pleasure of doing my very first show at The Viper Room in West Hollywood. Preparing for this show was super exciting for me! Since it was my first, I wanted to make sure the set list was perfect. I practiced for weeks, and decided on some of my favorite cover songs. I started with the recent acoustic version of "Latch" by Sam Smith, and ended with "Love on Top" by my favorite performer, Beyonce Knowles. I set this dynamic to draw in my audience, and then tell them, with a power house song, how much I appreciate their presence. In between those beautiful, soft, melodic, but yet upbeat and high belt songs, I sang my original song, "I Promise," "A Long Walk" by Jill Scott, and new original songs, "Affair" and "Stormy Weather." The new songs I performed will appear on my upcoming mixtape. I am very excited about this project, and it was such a pleasure to perform and introduce two very new songs! Rahkua and Mercy U also performed that night, and they were great! The also did a mixture of originals and covers, and had a strong delivery. I love watching other artists, because there is always something to take away from a sharing performance. I am looking forward to my next big show! I will keep you all posted. 

Here is a video of me performing my original song "Stormy Weather." I had SO much fun with this one! :D


"Stormy Weather" by Skyler Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment